This Agreement represents the entire understanding between you and us regarding your subscription to Tasmanian Properties and supersedes any prior statements or representations. IF YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS ONLINE SUBSCRIBER AGREEMENT, please click the “Yes” button below. If you do not agree to the terms of the Subscriber Agreement, please click “No”.
When you download or use our mobile applications, or access one of our mobile optimised sites, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as search results, and other personalised content. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable location services in the device’s settings menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or the manufacture of your particular device.
In addition, we may collect and store any information you provide us when you use Tasmanian Properties, including when you add information on a web form, add or update your account information, participate in community discussions, chats, or dispute resolutions, or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding Tasmanian Properties. If you open a Tasmanian Properties account or use Tasmanian Properties, we may collect the following types of information:
- Contact information, such as your name, address, phone, email and other similar information.
- Financial information, such as the full bank account numbers and/or credit card numbers that you link to your Tasmanian Properties account or give us when you use Tasmanian Properties.
- Detailed personal information such as your date of birth, driver’s license number and passport number.
In order to help protect you from fraud and misuse of your personal information, we may collect information about your use and interaction with Tasmanian Properties. For example, we may evaluate your computer, mobile phone or other access device to identify any malicious software or activity.
We may also collect additional information from or about you from other sources, such as through contact with us, including our customer support team, results when you respond to a survey, and your interactions with members of the Tasmanian Properties corporate family or other companies (subject to their privacy policies and applicable law), and from other accounts we have reason to believe you control (whether in part or in whole).
When you access the Tasmanian Properties, we (including companies we work with) may place “Cookies” on your computer or other device. Cookies are small data files placed on your device through your web browser, and include “pixel tags” and “Flash” cookies. We use these technologies to:
- recognise you as a customer;
- customise the Tasmanian Properties, content;
- measure promotional effectiveness;
- help ensure that your account security is not compromised;
- mitigate risk and prevent fraud; and
- promote trust and safety across the Tasmanian Properties.
You are free to decline our Cookies if your browser or browser add-on permits, unless our Cookies are required to prevent fraud or ensure the security of websites we control. However, declining our Cookies may interfere with your use of the Tasmanian Properties.
We store and process your personal information on our computers in the US, Asia, Europe and elsewhere in the world where our facilities are located. We protect your information using physical, technical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorisation controls.
The primary purpose for collecting your personal information is to provide you with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customised experience. We may use your personal information to:
- provide Tasmanian Properties and customer support;
- verify your identity, including during account creation and password reset processes;
- resolve disputes, and troubleshoot problems;
- detect, prevent or remediate violations of policies or applicable user agreements;
- customise, measure, and improve Tasmanian Properties and the content, layout, and operation of our websites and applications;
- manage and protect our information technology infrastructure;
- contact you at any telephone number, by placing a voice call or through text (SMS) or email messaging, as authorised by our User Agreement;
- manage our risks and help detect, prevent, and/or remediate fraud or other potentially illegal or prohibited activities; and
- design products and services.
We may contact you via electronic means or postal mail to notify you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed, to poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires, or as otherwise necessary to service your account. Additionally, we may contact you to offer coupons, discounts and promotions, and inform you about Tasmanian Properties and the services of our corporate family. Finally, we may contact you as necessary to enforce our policies, applicable law, or any agreement we may have with you. When contacting you via phone, to reach you as efficiently as possible we may use, and you consent to receive, autodialed or prerecorded calls and text messages. Where applicable and permitted by law, you may decline to receive certain communications.
If all or some of your personal information is not collected, we may be unable to provide you with Tasmanian Properties or a customised experience
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalise Tasmanian Properties, content, and advertising. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us or participate in our ad-customisation programs, simply indicate your preference by logging into your account and going to the Notifications section and updating your preferences, or by following the directions that may be provided within the communication or advertisement.
We respect your communication preferences. If you no longer wish to receive notifications via our application, you can adjust your preferences by visiting the settings page of the application.
We may share your personal information with:
- Members of or divisions within the Tasmanian Properties corporate family, such as Tasmanian Properties Customer Support, to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies.
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process or requirement applicable to Tasmanian Properties or one of its related companies; when we need to do so to comply with law or when we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of our User Agreement.
You can review and edit your personal information at any time by logging in to your account and reviewing your account settings and profile, or contacting us directly. In certain circumstances where we refuse to give you access or correct your information, we will write to you and explain our reasons.
You can also close your account through the Tasmanian Properties website. If you close your Tasmanian Properties account, we will mark your account in our database as “Closed,” but may retain personal information from your account for a period of time to collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, prevent fraud, enforce our User Agreement, or take other actions as required or permitted by law.